Friday, March 4, 2016

Life as a Widow

I'm going to change the focus of my blog to the subject of widowhood. Tea Cups and Candles are like comfort-food to the widow. I can only speak of my experience as a widow. Other women have different experiences but for me this is what it was like. I had to close down his business, sell all the vehicles (just barely saving my car), sell my home, getting rid of most of my things, move, doing all this trying to remain stoic, managing everything myself. My one son helped tremendously with all this as it was the hardest part for me. The Memorial Service went very well and each of my children and grandchildren that wanted to had a part. Marvin was cremated so there wasn't a burial plot. All this was difficult but not nearly as difficult as life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment